Here is an excerpt from The JobAdvantage.com presents: Preparing to Land the Job of Your Dreams. The following passage talks about finding your calling. The entire series of books is now available on Amazon.com.
You must ask one final but paramount question: What are you called to do? Finding your purpose in life can be difficult and challenging. Understanding who you are, how you are geared, and what you value, is only a start. These elements will shape your worldview. “The art of understanding yourself is all about how you see yourself reacting to events going on in your life.”[i]
Self-knowledge alone may not answer the most fundamental questions: Why am I here? Why was I created? What am I called to do? Only you can answer these questions with much prayer and soul searching. Personality assessments will help you understand how you function, but there is no formula for scientifically deducing your calling. Nevertheless, here are a few tips.
What you are called to do:
- Will likely keep you up late and get you up early
- Will energize and motivate you
- Would be something you would do even if you were not paid for it
Ask yourself these clarifying questions:
- If you never had to work another day in your life – what would you do?
- If there was one thing that you could do in life and you knew you could not fail – what would you do? That is likely what you are called to do.
Do you know what your calling is? Leave us a comment below.